Monday 11 April 2011

Day 4 According to Carley

Today, while most of our group was either participating in our watching the basketball tournament, I spent most of my day at the Children's Home. I went after breakfast with a few others, and as soon as we got there, kids were all over us begging to play. The kids really seem to enjoy the badminton sets that we brought more than anything. Kids were constantly begging me to play badminton with them, and after what seemed like hours, I was so sick of badminton. I had to keep reminding myself that I'm here for the kids and I'm going to have to do things that I don't want to do in order to make them happy. After a break for lunch, I went back to the home and hung out with the kids and played more badminton. Bin and I had the chance to work with the younger kids in the nursery today, which was a different experience. They were a bit more difficult to handle, but I still enjoyed it. We all went back to the home this evening for devotions, where the girls performed a dance for us that they had made up. Spending an entire day at the home with only a few other people was really tiring, but definitely rewarding. I love having the chance to bond with the kids and get to know them better. They are all so lively and fun to be around and I'm really grateful for this experience so far.

Carley Kennedy hanging out and playing with the kids at the home!

No comments:

Post a Comment